Friday, April 11, 2008

Sunny California








So one month has gone by since I've started this amazing job. It has gone by fast. And I realized I have promised to share my stories and have yet to do so. So this post will cover the first few trips I've been on and a few pictures for your enjoyment as well.

I'm pretty sure my first layover spoiled me. I went to San Francisco and I fell in love. That was my first experience in California and just the view while landing was enough to make me want to go back again. I only had 18 hours to explore and luckily my friend Phillip had just moved there so he showed me around. I arrived downtown at my hotel and when I looked out my window and I saw the most beautiful view (see pics above).

One of the most exciting things I got to do after walking around and people watching for a while was visit Haight Ashbury. It was nice to be standing in the very place that went down in psychedelic 60's history. Especially after reading Tom Wolfe's Electric Koolaid Acid Test I was very excited. That area of town was quite different. I saw people in costumes, hippies, and people just drinking and having a good time. We ate dinner at a cute little wine bar where we sampled some fine California wine. Then as a special treat Phillip got tickets for us to see Margaret Cho in Concert. She was incredibly funny. It was a most enjoyable experience and I can not stress how badly I want to go back. I have a feeling California is always going to put a smile on my face.

That city was quite amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better first trip. My crew was also fantastic. So far this job has been everything I have hoped. I will fill you in on more layovers very soon.


Until then, peace love and clouds my friends.

-Megan K (in the sky)

No comments: