Sunday, April 13, 2008

I love Seattle but I hate redeyes
















Seattle, Washington. Amazing.
I have had many friends tell me that they love Seattle and I have heard once or twice that it might be one of their favorite cities. I can easily see why. I showed up to this city after a six hour flight through lots of turbulence, and pretty much passed out when I arrived to my hotel. Because of the time change I checked in to my hotel at 11pm but it felt like 2 am.

Lucky for me it was a 24 hour layover so I had plenty of time to sleep and then get up the next day and do everything I wanted to do. I first checked out the space needle. I mean you have to see it if you go to Seattle right? Then I went to the Experience Music Museum and the Science Fiction Museum. Those buildings were amazingly beautiful. They were created in memory of Jimi Hendrix and they looked like it. I of course sampled some of the northwest's finest local beers. If any of you ever travel out west I highly recommend drinking some Fat Tire. Its probably one of the best beers I have to date.

After my museum touring I found a nice mall to walk around in. And finally I ended up in the Pike Place Market where they have all the fresh fish you could dream of. Its also where they throw the fish so that was fun to watch for a while. I also had some dinner there... probably the freshest salmon I've ever had. It was fantastic.

The buildings were beautiful and it didn't rain too much. I heard its supposed to rain like 60 percent of the time so I felt fortunate to be walking around in the sun. The city was a lot hillier than I expected but it made for a good workout since I walked everywhere. For your information though the public transportation in Seattle is fantastic. If you do chose to take the buses they are mostly free... depending on what area you are going around in. I loved it.

I would gladly go back again. But next time I don't think I can handle working a redeye back to New York. I could hardly stay away. And falling asleep on the jumpseat is a big problem with the FAA. So I just bounced around the galley, chugging coffee and chatting up my flight crew.

Sometimes I feel like an underpaid psychologist on these flights. It strange working with 15,000 other flight attendants. Mostly because I show up for a trip, meet 3 or 4 new girls/guys and share a fun couple days.. we learn just about everything there is to know about each other then we part ways and probably never see one another again.

I love it though friends. Traveling is more exciting than I could ever have hoped for.

I start international flights this month. So please check back for more exciting stuff.

Peace, love and clouds,

Megan in the sky

No comments: