Friday, April 18, 2008

In a New York state of mind....









So aside from the traveling, I have been fortunate enough to be based out of New York City, New York. Before my move up here I had only lived in the state of Tennessee before so this was quite a change for me. I can't complain though. this city is a fantastic place to spend my days off. I get together with a few of my other flight attendant friends, and we hit the town. It is quite an expensive city to live in. I don't think I've ever had to pay $10 for a beer anywhere else before... well drinking in Canada can get a little expensive.

Anyways I haven't gotten around to seeing a Broadway show yet and I still need to take some time to check out the MET, but its on my to do list. I personally have enjoyed walking around, looking in shops and looking at all the people. It can get a little overwhelming to me at times but its really beautiful. And right now the weather couldn't be better. New York is a fun city to live in at this stage of my life, but its not where I plan on staying. I think I'll give it a couple years then try somewhere new.

I've met some really awesome people up here. They have shown me around so I don't always have to feel like a tourist wandering around. My new friend Matt even took me to my first Mets game. I'm glad I got to see Shea Stadium at least one time before they tear it down. I mean, The Beatles played there in 65... thats big time stuff.

Everyday here is a new and exciting experience. The public transportation is convenient and 24 hours so there is never a fear of getting stranded somewhere at 3 in the morning. I'm definitely not in the South anymore and getting adjusted wasn't quite as hard as I thought, but I still feel the difference once in a while.

I know I have a lot more exploring to do and I can't wait to do it. I have a couple more trips this month so check back for some hopefully exciting stories. My travels will take me to Europe next. I have a feeling my trip to Dublin will be a drunken blur... I'm stoked.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

-Megan in the sky

No comments: